Applications for the 2022-2024 Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowships in Humanities and the Arts will be submitted through Interfolio. We will begin taking applications in late fall. Application materials must include:
- A curriculum vitae, with educational degrees, teaching experience, and publications, submitted via Interfolio.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all graduate institutions attended, submitted via Interfolio. Official transcripts will be required for applicants invited to the on-campus interview.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted via Interfolio.
- An application essay, submitted via Interfolio, of not more than 1,000 words that discusses the sources of the candidate's interest in this fellowship program, the candidate's preparation for and dedication to undergraduate teaching, and the candidate's immediate and long-range research interests.
- A brief essay of about 200-300 words, submitted via Interfolio, that addresses the candidate's specific preparation for and interest in teaching in the interdisciplinary Christ College First Year Program,
- For applicants in studio art, music, or theater performance, portfolios, audio and/or video recordings and other forms of relevant documentation are welcome (electronic portfolios or links to websites are preferred). Artistic exhibition, public performance, or production involving undergraduate students may substitute for teaching, at the discretion of the program director. Please email electronic portfolios or website links here or mail portfolios to: Lilly Fellows Program, Valparaiso University, Linwood House 1320 Chapel Drive South, Valparaiso, IN 46383.
Final selection of the Lilly Postdoctoral Fellows is made by a Valparaiso University faculty committee that includes the Program Director.
Finalists will be interviewed virtually in February and March, and, depending on travel restrictions, in person on March 24 and 25, 2022. Up to two postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
Look for advertisements for applications in late fall.
Applications are submitted through Interfolio.
For questions regarding application procedures, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 219-464-5317.