One of the three initiatives the Lilly Fellows Program sustains is the Two-Year, Residential Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at Valparaiso University.
Lilly Postdoctoral Fellowships are two-year residential fellowships for teacher-scholars who seek to renew and enrich their intellectual and professional lives while preparing for careers at church-related institutions of higher learning. Each academic year, up to two Fellows are appointed for two-year periods. Fellows are selected from applicants who have an interest in the relationship between Christianity and the academy and seek a career at a church-related college or university. Fellows are in residence at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana. The Lilly Fellows Program is fully ecumenical.
Lilly Fellows are incorporated into a community of Christian teacher-scholars through:
- Teaching experiences in eight courses over two years in appropriate departments and Christ College (Honors College) at Valparaiso University, including the opportunity to teach in the fall semester of the Christ College First Year Program
- Mentoring over the course of two years by a senior faculty member from the Fellow's discipline or Christ College
- Participation in weekly meetings of a two-year colloquium program led by Senior Fellows from Valparaiso University
- Research opportunities for scholarly or creative work in the Fellow's field and in the relationship of Christianity to the academy
- Opportunities to develop contact with representatives from the Program's National Network of Church-Related Colleges and Universities
- Assistance in the second year with career planning and placement
For Eligibility, Appointment, and Compensation, click here
For Application Procedures, click here
For a List of Current Fellows, click here
For a List of Former Fellows, click here
Applications must be submitted through Interfolio's ByCommittee service. See the Application Procedures Page for Instructions