The Lilly Fellows Program in Humanities and the Arts presents
The Sixteenth Annual Workshop for Senior Administrators
Mentoring for Leadership in Mission
Belmont University, Nashville, Tennessee
October 8 - 9, 2105
Buies Creek, North Carolina
University of the Incarnate Word
San Antonio, Texas
Mentoring for Leadership in Mission will examine how church-related schools develop faculty leaders who shape, articulate, animate, and promote institutional mission. Special attention will be given to mentoring mid-career and senior faculty to advance institutional mission. Specifically, the workshop will address such questions as:
- What does it mean for faculty to take leadership in mission and why is this critical to institutional vitality?
- How can institutions nurture and develop post-tenure faculty who articulate, animate, and promote mission across the institution as teachers, chairs, deans, or senior administrators?
- Why do certain faculty members become leaders in mission?
- What institutional structures support or hinder faculty leadership in institutional mission?
- What does it look like to develop leaders in mission and how can my institution take steps to do so?
Each institution is eligible to register one senior administrator (president, vice president, academic dean, provost, or equivalent) or, given the topic, a relevant administrator. One academic administrator from an LFP Network school may attend the Workshop for Senior Administrators at no cost. Accommodations, meals, and travel reimbursements of up to $600 will be provided for those who register. Space is limited; additional participants from member schools will be wait-listed until after August 31 and will be enrolled as slots become available after that date.
For Venue and Travel Information, click here.
Learn more about past Administrators Workshops here.