All nominees for the Lilly Graduate Fellows Program must be nominated by their LFP National Network Undergraduate Institution. Each Network Institution can nominate up to three nominees. To inquire about nomination, please contact the LFP Network Representative at your Undergraduate Institution. You can find your representative's name and contact information here.
Once nominated, eligible candidates must fill out and submit an electronic Application Form on Google Docs, which includes an Application Essay (see more information below), submit Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts, submit CV or Resume, submit three letters of recommendation, and, if necessary, submit an artistic portfolio to the LFP Office no later than January 17, 2017.
All materials must be received by January 17 to be considered for the Lilly Graduate Fellowship Program.
For an Eligibility FAQ, click here.
1. Complete and submit the Application Form, with the Application Essay, at Google Docs. Nominees receive a link to this form in the e-mail from the Lilly Fellows Program National Office informing them of their nomination. This form includes the prompt for the Application Essay. If you need the link to the Application Form, please request this via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 219-464-5317. You can download a copy of the Application Essay Prompt here.
2. In addition to the Google Docs Form and Application Essay, please send the following items to the Lilly Fellows Program National Office to complete your application:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended.
- CV or Resume
- Three letters of recommendation. For applicants who have attended graduate school, at least one of the three letters must come from the applicant’s undergraduate institution and at least one must come from the applicant’s current graduate program. The letter from the graduate program need not address issues of church-relatedness or Christian faith but rather should address the applicant’s preparation and qualifications for further graduate work.
- MFA, DFA, or DMA Applicants Only: submit portfolios of work as an e-mail attachment or website link here or on a DVD or CD mailed to the address below. Be brief but show your best work and include a “Read Me First” document or cover page on the CD or DVD that provides some orientation and, if appropriate, background information for the material you include. Applicants pursuing an MFA in creative writing must indicate in their Application Essay their intent to continue on to a PhD program in creative writing or in a similar discipline.
Send materials to following address:
Lilly Fellows Program
1320 South Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383