One of the three initiatives the Lilly Fellows Program sustains is the Two-Year, Residential Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at Valparaiso University.
Lilly Postdoctoral Fellowships are two-year residential fellowships for teacher-scholars who seek to renew and enrich their intellectual and professional lives while preparing for leadership roles at church-related institutions of higher learning. Each academic year, up to three Fellows are appointed for two-year periods. Fellows are selected from applicants who have an interest in the relationship between Christianity and the academic vocation and seek a career at a church-related college or university. Fellows are in residence at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana.
Lilly Fellows are incorporated into a community of Christian teacher-scholars through:
- Teaching experiences in seven courses over two years in appropriate departments and Christ College (Honors College) at Valparaiso University
- Mentoring over the course of two years by a senior faculty member from the Fellow's discipline or Christ College
- Participation in weekly meetings of a two-year colloquium program led by Senior Fellows from Valparaiso University
- Research opportunities for scholarly or creative work in the Fellow's field and in the relationship of Christianity to the academic vocation
- Opportunities to develop contact with representatives selected from the Program's National Network of Church-Related Colleges and Universities
- Assistance in the second year with post-doctoral career planning and placement
For Eligibility, Appointment, and Compensation, click here
For Application Procedures, click here
For a List of Current Fellows, click here
For a List of Former Fellows, click here